Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Anniversary :-)

Yesterday was our eight year anniversary, and it was a darn good day.  It started with my anniversary present, the installation of glass doors and windows to enclose our laundry area.  We're still perfecting the space, so I'll have to save pictures for a later blog.  Basically though, we have a covered porch area out of our kitchen door that is open on two sides.  The washer and dryer are out there as are Young's bedroom and bathroom.  Since it's open to the elements, it's hot and sticky out there during the day and swarming with bugs at night, so overall, not really a usable space.  The family at the end of our street had hired contractors to come and enclose their porch in glass, making it a clean, climate controlled space.  Once I saw how nice theirs was, I decided I really wanted it for our house too.  It took some time for everything to come together, but it arrived just in time for our anniversary.

Yesterday also ended up being a double eat out day, since it was the only day one of my friends and I both had free to get together for lunch.  I've really been wanting to try a place called Three Mangoes, so we went there.

The decor was great.





This is what I got when I ordered "blended pineapple juice", yum :-)


And we got lots of delicious food.  Pad see ew of course (the English version of the menu called it rice noodles with soy sauce) plus garlic pork.


For appetizer and salad we got som tum, which is papaya salad, and cheese won tons with sweet dipping sauce.  I decided it was the Thai version of mozzarella sticks.


Luckily we ate early and spent most of the time talking, so I had no problem going out again for dinner.

This was our first time leaving Young alone with both girls.  I have no problem leaving her with Elena, but Vivi can be a handful.  Turns out Young was totally up to the task, not that I should be surprised.  Vivi is fascinated by the newly enclosed porch and wants to hang out there as much as possible, so I think she and Young spent quite a bit of time out there.

Jeff and I went to the restaurant at the Nichada club for dinner.  It looks out over the lake, which was lovely.  We were the only diners there, which was both nice and private and a little weird.


The food was good (that's a kiwi banana smoothie :-), and it was nice to have some quiet time to ourselves.  




We might try something more adventurous over the weekend, but this was perfect for an easy week night dinner that still felt special.  Happy anniversary to us :-)





1 comment:

London: More Museums, Parks, and a Show

We were lucky that the weather held for our last two days in London, so that we could spend as much time as possible walking around and expl...