Saturday, February 9, 2019

Back in Bogotá and Happy Birthday Elena

The week after our Disney cruise, we were back at school.  It was tough to go from a month of vacation into our early wake up, long commute school routine.  The girls and I tried to make the best of it though.


Jeff and I also got a chance to catch up with friends by going to Osaka Peru, which is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to.  We were having so much fun, I only got a picture of the dessert sampler, but everything we ate was fantastic and the service was almost OCD level of attentive.


We've been keeping busy on the weekend too.  My Christmas and New Year's pancakes were such a hit that Jeff got me a special pancake skillet.  I can make four at a time, and they come out perfectly round.  The family was thrilled, but I thought their sameness was a bit disturbing.  Oh well, so long as my customers are happy.


They finally finished renovating the playground on 81, so we went with some friends to enjoy the brand new playground.



They had a lot of fun, but Elena especially was worn out by the end of it.


I can't believe my baby is five!  Two days before her birthday, she was wearing her Minnie ears and making a happy face in her reversible sequins shirt.


She refuses to have her hair cut or put in a ponytail.  I really don't want to have to pin her down in the hair salon, so I'm biding my time, but it will have to be cut eventually.

On Elena's actual birthday, Vivian was on her week long camp and Jeff had a work trip, so Elena and I celebrated just the two of us.  I started by proclaiming her Birthday Queen at breakfast.


Then we had a cupcake party with her class in the afternoon.  They have their own special birthday crown which she wanted to wear for the party.


Her teacher presented her with a birthday certificate.


We sang her happy birthday in English and Spanish, and she blew out her candle.



The "celebration" was me reading two books to the class which Elena had picked, Green Eggs and Ham and I Really Like Slop.  It was a hit, and she was super happy.

On Friday, Vivian came home from camp, and that was the best present Elena could have asked for.


Elena REALLY missed her.  I love that they're not only sisters, but also friends.  I'm so glad they have each other.











No comments:

Post a Comment

London: More Museums, Parks, and a Show

We were lucky that the weather held for our last two days in London, so that we could spend as much time as possible walking around and expl...