Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lazy Days

After our crazy first two weeks, we decided we deserved a lazy weekend.  Vivian and Jeff did go to the pool, but just for a little while.  On Saturday, they went to the big pool.  Jeff swam some laps, and Vivi had a swim lesson.  She is definitely getting to be more comfortable in the water.  We had a neighborhood pool party on Friday night, and she kept her floaties on her arms for reassurance, but she was swimming around under the water.  She has another swim lesson today, and I'm hoping that she's close to independent swimming.

On Saturday night, we experimented with another delivery restaurant called Milano's.  It ended up being pretty good "Italian" food.  Vivian had the spaghetti with bolognese, I had pizza, and Jeff had chicken satay and grilled pork and veggies.  Everyone liked their food, so we deemed it a success.

We did Sunday brunch from Que Pasa again, but the delivery took a really long time.  Afterwards, I found out that they had actually tried to deliver our breakfast to a neighbor's house first.  She's the one who recommended the restaurant to me, so I guess they're used to going to her house.  Luckily, she was a good samaritan and sent them on their way.

As a special weekend treat, Jeff figured out how to stream our favorite HGTV shows.  We don't have our TV set up yet, so Jeff, Vivian, and I huddled together on the sofa with the computer propped up on the coffee table in front of us and watched Love It or List It.  It was a great way to end the weekend.

Today (Monday) I was planning a trip to the mall to go to Office Pro (read Office Depot), since Vivi is out of colored paper, but just when we were getting ready to leave, the skies opened up, and it hasn't stopped raining since.  The golf cart is sunny weather only, so the trip will have to wait.  I'm okay with a little more lazy time though.

2 comments:

  1. Lazy Mondays are even better than Lazy Sundays! So glad Vivi is getting close to being able to swim on her own. I was assured by multiple sources that babies are natural swimmers, too, in case you wanted to try Elena at swimming, but I have to confess I was always too scared to try and test that theory with my own when they were babies. But tell Vivian great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom just sent me the blog address. Between your word and Jeff's pictures I feel like I am part of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete

London: More Museums, Parks, and a Show

We were lucky that the weather held for our last two days in London, so that we could spend as much time as possible walking around and expl...