Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday Night Downtown!

Jeff has been working later this week, so I decided that it would be fun if I met him downtown and we had dinner one night.  I also thought it would be even more fun with friends, so I invited our fellow sky bar enthusiasts.  Since Central World is my favorite mall, I decided we should try the sky bar on the 55th floor, called Red Sky.  We learned our lesson about prices last time, so this time we only did drinks up in the sky, and then come down to earth for dinner.  We made it for happy hour which was buy one get one free, so it was perfect.

I am such a fan of sky bars.  There was a lovely breeze, the temperature was just right, and, of course, the view was fantastic.  It's a 360 degree view too, so we walked all the way around the bar before picking seats at the part we thought had the best view.  There were also some lounger type sofas on the other side, which looked like they could be fun, but they didn't have the sparkly, colorful buildings to look at.


We thoroughly enjoyed our drinks, and then ate dinner in an inside/outside area on the first floor.  There was a live band, and some kind of strange tee pee / tree decoration.


We picked a restaurant called 1881, and had some yummy farang food.  

On the ride back home, we put on a movie in the car, which was fun and a good relaxing choice, since it was an especially long day for the guys.  Even though we were all tired at the end, I'm really glad we did it, and I can't wait for our next sky bar adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London: More Museums, Parks, and a Show

We were lucky that the weather held for our last two days in London, so that we could spend as much time as possible walking around and expl...