Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Happy Father's Day!

By the time Father's Day rolled around, we were pretty afternoon tead out, so Jeff switched it up by requesting a Father's Day "brunch".  I use the quotation marks because most of the brunches here don't start until 12, so really, it's a buffet lunch.  There were a few we wanted to try, but we settled on the one at the Four Seasons, since one of my friends had gone and liked it, and we knew we could get an ISKL discount.  The later start time gave us time to play D&D in the morning, and then we got dressed up and headed over to the Four Seasons.


There was a great selection of foods, both savory and sweet.



The girls found the satay section and hit it hard, but they also went for soup and noodles.



For dessert, I went to check out the cheese selection, which was very good.


But I didn't see honey anywhere, so I asked one of the people who worked there, and he directed me to the honeycomb I had overlooked.


It was definitely a cool concept, but there wasn't much honey in the bowl underneath it, so I'm not sure how effective it was.

Regardless, we had a lovely two hours of trying out different foods and enjoying each other's company.  I got a photo of Jeff and the girls leaving together.


I'm so glad we got to have a nice day together, because that night the girls and I headed to the airport for our trip back to the U.S. for the summer.


It was a sad way to end Father's Day, but I'm glad that our last day before our trip was all about Jeff.




No comments:

Post a Comment

London: More Museums, Parks, and a Show

We were lucky that the weather held for our last two days in London, so that we could spend as much time as possible walking around and expl...